Thursday, October 25, 2007

Customer Service @ Doctor Office

Doctors are the last ones to care about customer service. Most of them give you a feeling that you are insignificant compared to what they are when you are at their office. They tend to act very busy and convey that you better tell me what your problem is as fast as you can as I have to see the next patient. Imagine any other service business with this attitude I can't think of any where the "Customer is not the king".

Here is what I see as soon as I enter my doctor's office. There are many notices to patients in different coloured print outs.
  • In future all patients will pay $25 for cancellation with in 24 hours
  • Any payment delay or outstanding amounts will carry x% interest charges
  • If a patient is serviced during weekend there is be $x additional fee for service
  • Any bounced check will be charged additional $x charges
  • and so on ....
My question is

What happens if you cancel the appointment ?
What happens if I come on time and wait for x minutes or hours?
What happens if you don't diagnose the problem correctly?
What happens if you send me for unnecessary tests?

How do I charge you back for the above??????!!!!!!

No comments: